HOW TO BECOME A MEMBER OF THE PSA
Becoming a PSA MEMBER is easy. Just CLICK on one of three options that works best for you.
This is the preferred and most efficient method. You can can complete the entire process with this online form and you will receive an automated confirmation from BOTH the PSA and the Administration once it is fully processed.
This method requires you to scan and/or save the form with your added signature and you will need to email the completed document as an attachment to the PSA Office, firstname.lastname@example.org. Once received and processed by the PSA, you will receive an email confirmation from the PSA. The PSA will then provide the document to the Administration for finalization.
For those who prefer to print out a hard copy and hand-deliver it to the PSA Office, 252 Colton Hall, this option is for you. Once received and processed by the PSA, you will receive an email confirmation from the PSA. The PSA will then provide the document to the Administration for finalization.
What does it mean to be a MEMBER of the PSA:
The PSA/AAUP represents all full-time Faculty, Professional Staff, University/Sr. University Lecturers, Academic Administrators, Professors of Practice, Research Professors and any Instructor who teaches as an adjunct in its collective bargaining unit. Your position may be represented by the PSA, but you are a MEMBER of the PSA only when you authorize membership through the submission of a Membership Authorization Form.
By becoming a MEMBER of the PSA you help to increase the overall voice and strength of the PSA. The PSA is responsible for negotiating and upholding your terms and conditions of employment, which are legally enforceable and include your salary ranges, increases to your compensation, course load, vacation time, sick leave benefits, and much more. Your elected peers who serve on the Governing Board and staff in the PSA office work diligently to ensure that the best possible contract for the overall membership is achieved.
The Membership Dues Structure is nominal compared to most unions. PSA Dues are .45% when most other union dues are 1% or greater.
As a Member of the PSA:
- You will have the largest NJIT bargaining unit supporting and working with you if you have any academic or employment problem with in violation of the NJIT PSA Agreement and/or university policy and/or procedure.
- You will have a voice and a vote on matters that directly affect your employment at NJIT.
- You have the right to vote on the dues structure, to elect representatives and to run as an officer or Governing Board member.
- You can participate in the development of bargaining demands.
- You can vote on whether or not to ratify a tentative contract agreement.
- You receive membership updates from the union by various methods of communication.
- You are invited to Membership Only PSA functions including but not limited to specialized seminars, membership meetings, NJ Conference of AAUP meetings/seminars, etc.
- You are entitled to various other items that are not specified in the contract.
- Essentially, anything above and beyond the contract is reserved for those who are full voting members of the Association.
If you have any questions about Membership, call or email the PSA office.
973-642-4670 or email@example.com